top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

What is your mailing address?

800 Mt. Orab Pike, Suite 151
Georgetown, OH  45121

Who do we make checks payable to for recording or copies?

Brown County Recorder

Do you accept credit cards?

Yes, we.

What do you charge for copies made by the public?

Ten cents ($0.10) per page.

What do you charge for copies made by the Recorder's staff?

Two dollars ($2.00) per page if the staff assists in making the copy.

Does your County offer online access?



Can I receive a document by email?

The Brown County Recorder has the capability to e-mail images of recorded documents so long as the record exists in a digital format.

Public records requests not available in digital form, will be provided in a hard copy format at the cost of $2.00 per page as required by the Ohio Revised Code. Such funds must be paid in advance or at the time service is rendered as required by the Ohio Revised Code.

How do I obtain the property value, past sale prices, and current real estate taxes assessed?

Please contact the Auditors Office directly for assistance with or questions regarding property value, past sale prices, current real estate tax assessments, conveyance and transfer fees.  

Can you check to see if there are certain issues pertaining to a property?

The Recorder's office cannot perform searches for the public; however, all records kept within the Recorder's office are public record. If you have any questions regarding your property, please feel free to come to the office to perform the search yourself. We will be happy to aid you in your search.


Also, you can try the Online Document Index Search system to see if the information you need is contained within the document index.

My mortgage has been paid off.  When will I receive the deed to my property?

You should have received your deed when you purchased your property. We do not maintain the original deed, we maintain a copy/image.

Where can i get a copy of a marriage license?

Marriage licenses are handled by the Brown County Probate Court.

Where can i get a copy of a birth/death certificate?

Marriage licenses are handled by the Brown County Health Department.

How do I add or remove names from my deed?

The Recorder's office duties are restricted to the recording of legal documents, and do not include the preparing of such documents. To resolve a deed issues contact an attorney for any legal advice.

Does your County supply blank forms for purchase?


Does your office record Soldier's Discharge Records (DD214)?


Does your office issue Veteran's ID cards and what are the requirements?

Yes.  You must bring your original, or certified copy of discharge paperwork and a valid photo id to our office to be issued a Veterans ID Card.

bottom of page